My Favourite Fast Food Restaurant - Maccas

on Monday, August 19, 2013
Hi there again. I hope everyone is doing great this week. 

This week's topic is identify and discuss some of the major benefits and value levers associated with implementing Enterprise 2.0


McDonalds
Before I begin, allow me to introduce to you McDonalds. If you do now know what is McDonalds which I believe everyone does, McDonalds is the largest and world-wide known chain of hamburger fast food restaurant. It all started from Richard and Maurice McDonald in 1940 as a barbecue restaurant. McDonald's restaurant is operated by a franchisee, an affiliate, or the corporate itself.

McDonalds is actively promoting their product through Facebook. Although I really do love Maccas and it's my favourite fast food, I do not know or update myself with the latest promotion through television or through the radio as I do not listen or watch television and radio very often.




Recently Maccas throughout the whole Australia is having this promotion if you buy any extra value meal you will get a FREE CocaCola Glass. I get to know about this promotion when this post appears in my newsfeed.

Personally, although I do like Maccas but I wouldn't go crazy over it by checking out their promotion at their outlet itself.


Besides promoting their offer, they too have some competitions that are promoted through Facebook itself.



Big Mac Chant Challenge
I don't even realise there's a competition that is being held. The last time I've been to Maccas, I wasn't told or notified that there's a competition nor I saw any posters about it around Maccas. Nevertheless, it is posted up on Facebook and it allows me to find more about the competition. 


The picture above shows that McDonalds have some interactive competition on their website allowing anyone who has a Facebook account to vote and share the video to their own peers. You can vote as many videos as you wish but only once for each video. It's really good to see there's interaction between both sides and not just McDonalds pumping all the information to customers and customers aren't able to decide the winner or play a part in the competition.

In this conversation on the left, we can identify that McDonalds is replying a customer that is having a problem with uploading a video for the competition mentioned above. It's great to see that McDonalds actually do respond and do not leave their customers hanging. That's a very good way to use social technology for marketing communication or interaction. On top of that it also provides customer care via social technology. 
All in all, I can say that at least McDonalds Australia really do use Facebook and their website to really have this interaction between them and customers to connect each other and as well as doing most of their marketing, promotion, advertisements, and competitions available on Facebook to even connect to more people. 

Hope you guys enjoy reading it. 
Till next time. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post, but be careful of spelling and grammatical errors (I found a few). Also I think your font size changes halfway through the post.

21 said...

xavier1610: cheers mate! I didn't even realise the font size. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

So McDonald is finally using Facebook to advertise. They did it quite cleverly too, it is like paying people burgers to advertise their burgers. Were there any cases where videos needed to be deleted due to inappropriate content of the video?

Anonymous said...

Hey Max, so you like Maccas is your fave eh?

Do you think there any other way McDonalds could improve and better use their social media to engage with customer?

21 said...

hui26: I'm pretty sure that they do filter videos before posting up in the website to avoid inappropriate content to be in the website.

fanny: Yea, I do like Maccas. Yes, I really do think McDonalds can improve their social media to engage with customer by having it not just on Facebook and YouTube but Twitter and Instagram.

Post a Comment