First post in 2013

on Thursday, August 1, 2013
Hey guys. To be frank, this isn't my first time blogging. I first started blogging when I was 12. That's just under a decade. It's pretty hilarious how I started blogging. I've no idea where this trend came out but everyone at my age started to open up an account and started blogging so did I. We then had this habit of having a post every single day after school. However I then stopped after a year or two.

We had this crazy thing of having our own blog and started to customise our layouts pretty often. Back in those days Facebook didn't exist and what could we all do was to have our own blog as social interaction in the web as well as FRIENDSTER.
MSN messenger back in the days. 

MSN messenger if you could remember which Microsoft shut that service down recently. Not forgetting they played a part in the social world too.

Enough of history, I shall get onto the goal of this post. I'll get straight to the point. Honestly I didn't think that blogging would have strategies. I thought it would all be how interesting the topic would be, the layout and how it is advertised or promoted.

After the lecture, I gave a thought of it and it's really true that if we do not have a strategy, how could we achieve our goals. Below is my strategies of how to be a successful blog.

1. Have a great layout in my blog. Something that is attractive yet clean and easy to navigate.
2. Write a great post every week with great writing skills.
3. Comment on other classmates post and get reply too.
4. Insert hashtag in my link when I share my post in Facebook & Twitter.

I found this blog that caught my attention and the topics are pretty interesting as well. I do like the layout and design because it's clean and easy to navigate. Besides that it has a small section where it allows readers to read what that post is all about. That enables readers to get a little bit of information of what the post is all about. Unlike blogspot's default layout where it has all the post in one page and it is so troublesome to scroll all the way down to read the other posts.

I think that's pretty much it for this week. Do let me know if you guys have anything to comment on my post. I'll definitely return you a favour of commenting on your post if you'd leave one on mine.

Cheers guys!

Take care all.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, blogging at the age of 12..Interesting..remind me to ask for pointers later (lol).. Great strategies there..pretty similar to mine and most people..I love your blog theme, really unique..Is it free or did you pay for it?

Unknown said...

Max this is the link to my blog if you care to have a read..I would like to know what you think.thanks
http://chiugookoli.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

Pretty straight forward, I like it :D
I totally agree with your strategies.
and... related to your strategy number 3 ,would you mind to take a look at mine?

http://delleee1902.blogspot.com.au/

Thanks a lot! ^^

Anonymous said...

Good points you made about your strategies I do think they are fundamentals. I am amazed you started at the age of 12, good on you!

Fanny said...

Hey Max! inserting hashtags is a great idea I guess! And I do remember those MSN messenger and Friendster era! LOL..
Pretty amazing that you started blogging at the age of 12 hey!

21 said...

Chiugo Okoli: When I was 12, all I ever blog about was my daily life. LOL! Really nothing much about it. This theme is free. I don't pay for it. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Della Febryna: Thank you for taking the time to read. =D

rjsmeets28: Yeah I do think they are fundamentals as well. Yeah back then at 12, all I ever blog is about my daily life or my opinion about a TOP NEWS. Thanks for reading my blog. =D

Fanny: Yeah, MSN and Friendster really played a big part in the social media hey? Hahaha.. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Max the veteran blogger, pretty nice and simple design here; reminds me of my high school days for some reason. Also love the four dot points, I am a lazy guy and something that is nicely spaced and listed makes me easily scan for the information I need. Also, have you considered different colored fonts or sub headings? If you are going for the 'simple' look then that is completely understandable.

21 said...

Thank you very much Hui for your precious comments. I will take that into consideration. Have a great week ahead.

Anonymous said...

Hi Max,

I agree with what you said with the hongkait website, it has a simple layout which makes it really readable and nice.

Good work on your first post

Unknown said...

I know this has been said before.. but, WOW! blogging at age 12? Now that is pretty amazing haha.

I really like the use of simplicity which allows me to navigate through your blog with out being lost.

Unknown said...

Fantastic layout of the blog post; I really enjoyed the design. And I like the way you have summarised the strategy of blogging into 4 simple steps.

Everyone gets on social platforms for 2 reasons; get educated or have fun or both; you have at least achieved the former!!!

I have posted a few articles about blogging and Web 2.0, check it out if you would like to know more:
http://jiabaoli.blogspot.com.au/

Post a Comment